In collaboration with pioneering publications, we are exploring how democratic strategies for ownership, financing, and governance can support a new generation of accountable, sustainable news organizations.
Supported by grants from the Brett Family Foundation and the CU Boulder Office for Outreach and Engagement.
- “Colorado Sun Benefit Corporation Evaluation,” Media Enterprise Design Lab (August 2019)
- Nathan Schneider, “Broad-Based Stakeholder Ownership in Journalism: A Legacy and a Strategy” (working draft)
- Open letter from CU Boulder faculty: “CMCI Faculty Agree: Local News Matters”
- How MEDLab Evaluated the Colorado Sun's Public Benefit / - The search for a third-party standard in journalism
- Event: Boulder, Meet The Colorado Sun / - Join editors and reporters for a celebration of what they have accomplished