In 2018, together with the Center for Ethics and Social Responsibility at CU Boulder’s Leeds School of Business, we hosted a conference called the Colorado Shared Ownership Summit, which brought together cooperatives, credit unions, and employee owned companies from across the state. In its wake, we are working to develop the policy and support infrastructure to help Colorado become even more a leader in democratic business.
Supported by Cooperatives for a Better World, CoBank, the Colorado Rural Electric Association, the Rocky Mountain Farmers Union, and the CU Boulder Office for Outreach and Engagement.
- Colorado Co-ops Study Circle
- Jackson Barnett, “Colorado co-ops seeing a revival in state with strong ties to ‘radical tradition,’” Denver Post (March 15, 2019)
- Pratik Joshi, “Co-op conference at CU focuses on capitalism with conscience,” Daily Camera (November 7, 2018)
- “A Cooperative Colorado: Findings from the Cooperative Policy Roundtable,” Colorado Co-ops Study Circle (May 1, 2019)
- “Understanding Shared Ownership: This Year’s Conscious Capitalism Conference Theme,” CESR blog (June 26, 2018)
- Aldo Svaldi, “Colorado launches initiative to boost employee ownership of businesses,” Denver Post (March 22, 2019)
- Jason Wiener and Linda Phillips, “Colorado—‘The Delaware of Cooperative Law’,” Fifty by Fifty blog (May 29, 2018)
- How MEDLab Evaluated the Colorado Sun's Public Benefit / - The search for a third-party standard in journalism