We are conducting consulting, convening and research on leading-edge democratic governance and leadership, especially through digital tools.
- CommunityRule, “a governance toolkit for great communities”
- Democratic Mediums, “a directory of patterns for decision, deliberation, and noise”
- Nathan Schneider, “Admins, Mods, and Benevolent Dictators for Life: The Implicit Feudalism of Online Communities”
- Co-ops, from Lateral to Vertical and Back Again / - Ask not what your co-op can do for its members but what they can do for each other
- Building Spaces for Belonging / - "I’ve come to realize that I have to create an organization"
- Become Better Together with Enspiral / - Lessons in community-based business from New Zealand
- Meet KOSAKTI, a Creative New Cooperative in Indonesia / - How one organization is enabling many more to get started
- Co-ops Need Leaders, Too / - The co-op tradition is full of leaders, but we pretend they don't exist
- Organizations as Abstractions Over the Law / - How democratic innovators are hacking incorporation statutes
- Notes on Collective Governance / - What can collective governance look like? What shape does that take?
- Hypothesis: ESOPs for the Online Economy / - Introducing a research project on user-owned trusts